Everyone, no matter what his or her position or state in life is, has influence. If each of us would simply talk to our family, friends and neighbors about Fatima, the entire world would soon know its Message. Look, for example, at the influence the people had during Our Ladys apparitions at Fatima. In May of 1917, Our Lady appeared to three poor shepherd children, Lucy, Francisco and Jacinta. Jacinta told her mother, who then told Jacintas father, and they both told friends and neighbors. Due to this, 50 people went to the Cova da Iria for the June apparition. These 50 people told others, and in July there were 5000 people present for the apparition. 15,000 people came to the Cova da Iria on August 13, 1917. In September 30,000 people went to the Cova, and in October 70,000 people were present for the Miracle of the Sun. 70,000 people withstood the rain and mud, and the discouragement from the press and even some clergy, due to a handful of people who talked to their friends and family only months earlier.
People in the media and statesmen have a particularly effective means of reaching people and influencing them. People in the media can write articles, post information on the web, research, write and recommend books and pass on information to others. They can use the tools at their disposal to disseminate information to a wider audience, and encourage action.
Specifically, Catholic journalists, authors and publishers can:
- write the truth about Fatima and make it as widely known as possible,
- write the truth about the current crisis in the Church and its causes, as discussed in the books The Devils Final Battle, Fatima in Twilight and World Enslavement or Peace,
- investigate, expose and condemn the conspiracy against Fatima. (See “Silencing of Sister Lucy“, “Suppression of the Third Secret“, “Consecration of Russia Disinformation” and “Persecution of Father Gruner“.)
Statesmen can use their platform and their position to make the Fatima Message known to the public, and get them to take action. They can also use their influence and channels to ask the Pope to do the Consecration and the bishops to participate in it.
Catholic lay persons who are political leaders; captains of industry, commerce and finance; diplomats and military leaders can:
- implore the Pope to pursue Heavens plan for peace as given to us at Fatima, rather than the failed diplomacy and treaties of mere men, including Vatican diplomats,
- support with advocacy and financial means those apostolates and apostolic initiatives that promote, advance and defend the authentic Fatima Message,
- use their influence to prevail upon members of the Church hierarchy to cooperate in carrying out the imperatives of the Fatima Message for the good of the whole world.
“We should not wait for an appeal to the world to come from Rome, on the part of the Holy Father, to do penance,” Sister Lucy told Father Fuentes. “Nor should we wait for the call to penance to come from our bishops in our dioceses, nor from the religious congregations. No! Our Lord has already very often used these means and the world has not paid attention. That is why now, it is necessary for each one of us to begin to reform himself and help also all the souls that God has placed on our path.” (For more on Father Fuentes interview with Sister Lucy, see “Silencing of the Messengers: Father Fuentes (1959-1965) “.)
Though Sister Lucys instruction to Father Fuentes applied to doing penance, the underlying principle applies to the action of the laity. We should not wait for an appeal to come from our bishop, the Vatican or the Holy Father before we act. God and Our Lady have already appealed to us; they have manifested their will. Now They await our response, and it is up to us to use the talents and influence God has given to us to fulfill the requests of Jesus and Mary.